I took a combination of farm-fresh green beans and tomatoes, and paired it with a tangy shallot vinaigrette. For added protein I tossed in some chickpeas, making it perfect for lunch or dinner. Dress this salad ahead of time and let marinate for up to 4 hours ahead of time, or enjoy right away!
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/2 pound tomatoes
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- Dijon Shallot Vinaigrette, recipe below
- Trim stem end of green beans. Blanch in salted boiling water for 90 seconds to 2 minutes. Shock in ice water to stop the cooking, and drain well.
- Slice tomatoes into wedges. Drain garbanzo beans and rinse well.
- Toss green beans, tomatoes, and garbanzo beans together with vinaigrette, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Dijon Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4-1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine minced shallot, mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar. Whisk in olive oil to emulsify. Season to taste.
Curious to see how the rest of our dinner party goes?
The Heritage Cook starting out our party with appetizers! See her Caprese Skewers.
Onto the main course: Crazy Foodie Stunts created a fabulous Roast Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Marsala Sauce and Nosh My Way brought her Loaded Mashed Cauliflower.
And don't forget dessert! Fearless Dining didn't take any shortcuts when she wowed us with her Vanilla Bean Infused Cheesecake with Peaches in Dark Rum Sauce.