Monday, January 12, 2015

Meal Plan Monday: Keeping Resolutions

We survived the first full week of 2015! It's Monday again, meaning its time for me to post this week's meal plan. I followed last week's plan almost flawlessly. Friday night turned out to be a late night at my mom's working (and wine drinking) so my husband was in charge of feeding the kiddos. Thankfully I had extra pork stew in the fridge for them to reheat! Saturday night I treated my parents and guests to homemade pizza and kalamata olive focaccia bread (with more wine). My parents graciously hosted and it was a fun-filled, full-carb affair.

The only resolution that I didn't touch on was my 3 day a week, get active plan. This week, I need to plan better so I can get some sort of workout in, especially after enjoying pizza and pasta this past weekend.


Monday
Chicken Thighs with lentils and tomatoes - See a similar recipe here
Rosemary Focaccia

Tuesday
Butternut squash and potato hash with fried eggs
Breakfast for dinner tonight. Substitute in cubed butternut squash for half of the cubed potatoes in your hash for added nutrition!

Wednesday
Chicken and Lentil Soup
Rosemary Focaccia
Shred Monday's leftover chicken and add some extra chicken broth to turn Monday's stew into a quick soup.

Thursday
Seasonal Vegetable and Goat Cheese Tarts
Spinach and Citrus Salad
Heading to the farmer's market on Tuesday to see what looks good to fill my tarts. I'm thinking beets or fennel or leeks with caramelized onions sounds yummy!

Friday
Pork al Pastor tacos or taco salad
Pinto beans

Saturday
Wildcard Night - See what needs to be cleaned out of the fridge
These "open" menu nights are great for making sure the leftovers get eaten and are not shoved to the back of the fridge and forgotten.

Sunday
Portabella Mushrooms Pizzas
Remember I popped a sneak-peak picture of these earlier this month? We're making them again, and see the recipe posted on the blog later this month!

Get this free page to print and plan your family's weekly dinner. Includes a spot for writing a grocery list, easy to detach and take with you!
 
Tell me: How are you keeping up with your resolutions? 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)