I'm always in a better mood when I get to enjoy sunshine and fresh air, and I know that my boys benefit too. Now that S-bug isn't taking daily naps, the extra time outdoors helps him burn off his extra energy which helps tremendously at bedtime!
Serve this salad for your next girl's weekend, or a Mother's Day lunch, it will be a hit! Or, pack it up and take it to the office over a bed of fresh spring greens. Either way, Apple and Tarragon Chicken Salad is a delicious, healthy lunch option. I hope you try it!
Serves 4 (get printable recipe)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 large red apple, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- ⅓ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 5 oz plain nonfat greek yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine greek yogurt, lemon juice, tarragon to create dressing. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Mix chicken, apple, scallions, raisins, and pecans together in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and fold gently to combine. Taste for seasoning.
- For best flavor, refrigerate 4 hours (up to overnight) before serving.
- Serve Apple and Tarragon Chicken Salad on your favorite bread or croissant roll.
- Make appetizer portions by serving in savory pate a choux puffs (pastry puffs).
- Skip the bread altogether and serve in lettuce wraps or over a bed of greens.