Monday, March 31, 2014

March Wrap-Up and Recap


The end of March marks my first full month of blogging for Creative Mama, Messy House. How exciting! I joined a blogging group, decorated for St. Patrick's Day, and added some great recipes that have gotten a lot of positive response.


On March 15th, I joined the Blogging Bunch Facebook group and started the Blogging Bunch's 31 Days to Build a Better Blog challenge. It is based on the book 31 Days to Build a Better Blog by Darren Rowse. It feels so wonderful to have a group of bloggers that I can rely on when I have questions, and who can give me honest feedback when I ask for it.
 

Creative Mama, Messy House got a Facebook page of its own, you should visit! There add photos and crazy toddler antics that you might not see on the blog itself. Also, be sure to find me on Instagram for sneak-peek photos before they hit the blog! I passed my first 1,000 page views last week! I spent the weekend improving the overall look of my blog. I updated my header to be easier on the eyes, as well as added social media buttons. My little blog is starting to look so grown-up!

What happened this month

This month started full-force with my S-Bug's 2nd birthday. We made these Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Sweet Pea's Kitchen topped with vanilla buttercream. He was such a cutie-pie when the time came to sing Happy Birthday.

I focused a lot of my creative time making decorations for St. Patrick's day.
 


 
What did I cook this month? While I was cooking everyday, I added a few of my top recipes to share with you. My local Farmer's Market will be open twice a week starting April 24th, so I am hoping to add more recipes for you in the spring and summer months.
 



 
We welcomed Spring with open arms and up-cycled a mirror into a pretty springtime chalkboard, perfect for our Easter mantlescape (to be revealed mid-April). 
 
 

Looking to next month

I have more Easter crafts planned for the month of April, as well as a new series starting. Look for "Farmer's Market Thursdays", where I will spend $20 at my local Farmer's Market and create recipes using my finds. Talk about eating seasonally and locally!
 
As always, I love hearing from my readers. Feel free to drop me a comment or tag @creativemamamessyhouse on Instagram. I would love to see and hear about your creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)