Sunday, January 18, 2015

Meal Plan Monday #3

Hey everyone! Putting out my meal plan for the week a day early because I have something special to share tomorrow. My January Stitch Fix box arrived, so I'm going to share it with you tomorrow on the blog. I am in love with Stitch Fix, and it is only my second fix. My sister recommended it to my as a way of getting new clothing without having to go to the mall, which with a toddler can be difficult. So be sure to come by tomorrow and learn all about why I love Stitch Fix, and I'll reveal the pieces that came in my Stitch Fix box!

For the second week in a row, we have been able to stick to the meal plan that I've created, but am I grateful for our wildcard nights! Last week's wild card night happened to coincide with me being at the veterinary hospital with one of the kitty's (mystery illness, as I'm writing this she is hopped up on IV fluids and supportive drugs) so I wasn't too hard on myself when I called my husband to order pizza for the kiddos!

Missy Kitty needs your well-wishes!


Of course, that means we have an extra day of leftovers-dining this week, but I will make the most of it by transforming boring leftovers into a new, exciting dish!



Monday
Chicken and Lentil Biscuit Bake
I am using up the last of the Chicken and Lentil soup I made last week by topping them with these Parmesan Drop Biscuits and baking until golden brown.

Tuesday
Hamburgers
Sweet Potato Fries
Kid-friendly dinner tonight! I love these Alexia Sweet Potato Fries, try the chipotle-seasoned ones for a little kick!

Wednesday
Pasta Primavera
Also known as "clean out the produce drawer" pasta. Whole wheat penne with a creamy garlic white wine sauce and lots of vegetables.

Thursday
Spiced-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Cider Gravy
Potato Apple and Onion Hash
I love making pork tenderloin instead of chicken during the week. The warm spices of the cumin, ginger create an intriguing combination that has become one of my favorite spice blends for pork and chicken.

Friday
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
green salad and sliced fruit
A leftover meal that nobody will recognize. Slice up the leftover pork tenderloin thin and warm it with barbeque sauce. Top toasted sandwich buns with pork and melt smoked gouda cheese over the top. Serve with pickles or pickled jalapenos for heat. You could serve these sandwiches with fries or tater tots, but tonight we will have a simple salad and some fruit.

Saturday
Chicken and Zucchini Poppers
Baked Sweet Potatoes
We are going to take her suggestion to swap the cilantro out for basil and parsley, and serve them with marinara. Stick a toothpick in them and the kiddos will think they hit the jackpot! (Or is that just my kids that think eating dinner off of toothpicks is the best thing ever?)

Sunday
Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
Baby Bok Choy and Broccoli
Steamed Rice
Teriyaki glazed salmon is a family favorite! We use Veri Veri Teriyaki by SoyVay as our go-to teriyaki sauce.

So there you have it, our meal plan for the week. What sounds good to you, or what recipes would you like to have shared? Let me know in the comments below, or join in on my discussions on Facebook or Twitter!

Tell me: What's happening this week at your house?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)