Monday, March 23, 2015

Stitch Fix: March Fix Review and Reveal

Have I mentioned before how much I love my Stitch Fix styling service? Oh I have? Well, you're going to hear it again. I. Love. Stitch Fix! Taking a three-year old to the mall or to the outlets is usually a disaster waiting to happen, and we both end up stressed out and cranky before the outing is over. That's why I'm so happy my sister introduced me to Stitch Fix.
 
March Stitch Fix Review - I'm in love with these Spring styles

**This review is in full 100% my own opinion. I am writing this review out of personal interest only, and I'm in no way being compensated by Stitch Fix, or any other third party. That said, if you choose to sign up for your own Stitch Fix deliveries using the links provided on this site, you will be using my referral code. What does that mean: You will still pay the same price for your fixes, but I will receive a $25 credit when your first fix ships.**
 
Bring on Spring with my March Stitch Fix! For this fix, I specifically asked for tees and tanks that reflect the lightness and warmth of Spring. Living in Northern California, a t-shirt and jeans is what I'm wearing 85% of the time, even in the winter months, so its only fitting to make sure I have plenty warm-weather tops on hand. This Fix did not disappoint, even if I didn't end up keeping all the pieces.
 
Never heard of Stitch Fix? Stitch Fix is an innovative styling service that pairs real stylists with on-line clients, sending you 5 handpicked pieces each Fix that your stylist thinks you will love. You fill out a style profile online, and provide detailed feedback for each piece you are sent, whether you chose to keep it or return it. It also helps to set up your own Pinterest board that your stylist can refer to, for further insights on your style preferences or the current styles you're digging!
 

Onto the pieces that I received in my March Stitch Fix Box:
 
Spring into Spring with this fun bicycle printed top! Perfect, fun, and festive for Spring and Summer! March Stitch Fix review
Toronto Bicycle Print Split Neck Top - Fun2Fun ($48)
(Verdict: Keeping)
Why yes, those are tiny bikes on this shirt! What a wonderful way to pay homage to this fantastic spring weather we've been having (for the past 3 months!) I didn't think I would like this top out of the box, but of course I had to try it on. Turns out, I love it! I paired it with the dark purple chinos I got in my January box, but I could have easily paired it with shorts or jeans.
 
Coral with pops of navy is perfect for the warmer months! I'm ready for backyard barbeques with this lightweight coral cardigan. March Stitch Fix Review
Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan - 41Hawthorn ($48)
(Verdict: Keeping)
First off, I love coral! It's just one of those bright colors that look good against my pale skin. Fun fact: I wore coral dress for my high school prom (both times). This lightweight cardigan is perfect for layering over tops when the weather gets a little breezy, and it compliments a lot of colors already in my wardrobe.
 
Get ready for warmer weather with paisley with pops of pink and turquoise. March Stitch Fix Review
Tyson Split Neck Blouse - Renee C ($44)
 (Verdict: Returned)
Taking this blouse out of the box, I really liked it! The colors we bright and vibrant, and the neckline was intriguing! I didn't like that the fabric didn't line up along the seam down the front of the top, or the vertical band went right around the widest part of me. I didn't find the top flattering to my figure, so returned.
 
Renee C - Edmondo Stud Detailed Split-Back Blouse in cobalt. March Stitch Fix ReviewLook at the back detailing of the Renee C - Edmondo Stud Detailed Split-Back Blouse. Feminine with a touch of spice! March Stitch Fix review
Edmondo Stud Detailed Split-Back Blouse - Renee C ($38)
(Verdict: Returned)
I had seen this top through a Stitch Fix blog post and fell in love with it. I was so excited to see it in my box, because I specifically requested it in my note to my stylist. I love the fact that my stylist sent me the top in such a beautiful cobalt color. Of course, I was so excited, until I tried it on and couldn't fit it over my chest (Big Boobs Problem #32), so unfortunately, it was a return.
 
Ready for spring blooms with this lace overlay Brixton Ivy blouse. March Stitch Fix review
Azurre Lace Overlay Blouse - BRIXON IVY ($68)
(Verdict: Returned)
I was a bundle of mixed emotions over this shirt. I wanted to like it, but at the same time, I wanted to hate it. I paired it with jeans that were similar to the skinny jeans I got in my February Fix to mix it up. I couldn't decide whether or not the lace overlay made me look larger or smaller than I am. I was surprised about how much positive feedback I got when I reached out on Instagram and Facebook, but I couldn't justify spending $68 for a top I wasn't completely in love with, so I returned it.
 
I want to thank my stylist Danise for creating another amazing fix for me and introducing me to new styles that dare to broaden my limited fashion horizons. With each Stitch Fix box, you get fashion fix customized for you, from real stylists that take the time to learn your likes. I will continue to receive boxes on a monthly basis, because who doesn't love new clothes without actually having to shop for them?
 
Did you know that Stitch Fix is now offering styles for Petites and Maternity? I know a few ladies out there that are going to be needing maternity styles very soon! (NOT ME, just clarifying!)
 
Are you interested in receiving your own fixes? Why not use my referral code to get started? When you sign up and receive your first fix, I will receive a $25 credit to my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)