Friday, May 30, 2014

Farmer's Market Friday #4

It's cherry season! My favorite time of year, when cherries are ripe and juicy and red, and we can sit and eat them all day long. Ok, not all day long because that will give you a stomach ache, but we sure have eaten our fair share this past week. I bought 3 pounds on Saturday, and they were practically gone by Tuesday, so I picked up another 3 pounds, which by Friday have already been eaten up or allotted for recipes. I will be doing a Cherry Recipe Round-Up at the end of June, if you would like to submit a recipe featuring cherries, send me an e-mail with a note and your link to personalchefbyrenee[at]gmail[dot]com.


The Breakdown
Cherries $12.00 (I got 3 baskets for $4.00 each, just under 3 pounds)
Beets $4.00 ($2.00 per bunch, First Generation Farmers)
Baby Bok Choy $1.00 a bunch
White Nectarines $3.25 per pound (organic, Allard Farms)
*Splurge Item: extra pound of white nectarines (picked these up for my mom)
*Spurge Item: Brentwood Cherry Jam from 3 French Hens


Minda and Julie (the owner's of 3 French Hens) are wonderful women who take so much care and pride into their artisanal jams and jellies. They support local farmers and use local ingredients as much as possible to give back to their community. Their jams and jellies are made in small batches seasonally, and can be purchased from their website. They also have baking mixes and rubs for sale. I, in no way, am being paid commission for promoting these ladies, I just want to share a great product and company with you.

My Meal Plan for this week includes

Sweet and Sour Meatballs from Jonesin' for Taste
Sautéed Bok Choy
 
with Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
 
Pork Loin with Cherry Red Wine Sauce
 
plus
Two more cherry recipes
 
Yes, I'm keeping these last two cherry recipes secret until they are up on the blog. Check back to see what I create.
 
Farmer's Market Friday #4
There was such a variety of posts to chose from this week, from tips for gardening with kids, recipes (straight from one reader's garden, I may add) and crafts that inspire and delight! Be sure you visit a few links and let them know you were there. These link-ups work best if we are spreading the blog love around. Have you added this link-up to your linky list yet?
 
This week's features
Easy Peasy Strawberry Cream Pie by Snapshots and Snippets
We had a problem with Amber's link so I wanted to be sure to feature her for those that didn't get to see her link and wanted to. She used fresh strawberries from her garden in this recipe. I am looking forward to trying this recipe this summer!
 
DIY Painted Kitchen Plates by My Pinterventures
 I love this craft! My grandmother collected plates among other things, so this craft would have been right up her alley.

Congratulations on being featured! Make sure to grab a button to display:


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for all your help Renee and of course for featuring me - turns out Firefox was being awkward that day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Renee for featuring my plate painting post. It's always a fun party. Thanks for hosting and have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! Stopping by the Weekend Social while little one is still napping :)

      Delete
  3. Ok, cherry season, I am SOOOOO jealous! We get cherries obviously and I even have a tree in my front drive but the thought of there being a glut is just too good to imagine! Yum.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)