Monday, March 16, 2015

Meal Plan Monday - March #3

Did you guys enjoy the crockpot meal plan last week? I love how crockpot cooking can really free up time when it comes to getting dinner on the table. When the majority of the meal gets slow-cooked, all I have to do was put together a quick side, steam a little rice (or put taco toppings in bowls) and dinner is ready in less than 20 minutes! This week, I'm taking some cues from last week, as well as taking some help from my freezer to keep on the easy dinner track. Tuesday is St. Patrick's Day, so of course corned beef will be involved, but no cabbage (what... can that be?). Keep reading for my full dinner plans for the week!


Monday
Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells (similar recipe)
Green salad
When I make stuffed shells, I always split the batch in half and freeze a pan so I have a meal for another day. These meatless stuffed shells are filled with butternut squash, ricotta, and sage and covered with a creamy béchamel sauce.

Tuesday
Corned Beef and boiled potatoes
Gingered carrot coins
St. Patrick's Day always means corned beef in our house. I cook ours in the crockpot, but I leave the cabbage out, per my husband's request. Instead, I serve sauerkraut on the side (for me) and lots of spicy brown mustard. Leftover corned beef will get turned into sandwiches and hash.

Wednesday
Chicken with Mustard Tarragon Sauce from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
Wild rice
Vegetable side (green beans?)
Spring has sprung and my tarragon is coming back up, so why not celebrate by making this quick chicken dish with mustard and tarragon from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts? Pair it with wild rice and quick vegetable side and have dinner on the table in 30 minutes.


Thursday
Corned Beef Hash with eggs
What's better than breakfast for dinner in the middle of the week? Corned beef hash is a great way to use up the leftovers from St. Patrick's Day. Don't think that hash just has to be made with potatoes though. I love tossing in parsnips and sweet potatoes into mine for variety!

Friday
Grilled Salmon
Grilled Asparagus
Mushroom, Lemon, and Lentil Salad from Delicious Everyday
Friday dinners tend to be a little special in our house. Its the end of the work week, so we celebrate with wine and a nice dinner at home. Trying out a new recipe with this mushroom and lentil salad, I think it will pair nicely with salmon and asparagus off the grill. My Lemon Dill Vinaigrette will make a lovely marinade/dressing for the salmon and asparagus.

Saturday
Broccoli Beef
Steamed rice
How about a take-out fake-out this weekend? Broccoli Beef is one of my favorite Chinese take-out dishes, and my kids and husband have no problem eating broccoli when its covered in delicious sauce. Serve over steamed rice, and you have dinner.

Sunday
Fish 'n Chips
Translation: Beer-battered cod and French fries. I like to have fried fish and chips every once in a while, and the kids love it too! Make sure to have plenty of malt vinegar on hand, and tartar sauce for the kids.

Make dinner planning easy: Print out your own dinner planning page-
 
Weekly Dinner Planner: week of March 16 || blank dinner planner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)