Sunday, March 22, 2015

Meal Plan Monday - March #4

I hope you had a lovely weekend, and you are refreshed for Monday! This past weekend was full of productivity and sunshine, as well as making a plan for the week ahead. We celebrated one kid's birthday last week, and we have another one this week. I have a request for pie as birthday dessert this time, so I'll be fitting in baking into my busy schedule! Tell me, what is your favorite pie?

Here's what we'll be eating this week:

Meal Plan Monday for the week of March 23 - 29

Meal Plan Monday: March 23 - 29

Monday
Green Veggie Pasta Primavera
We're starting the first week of spring off right, with plenty of green vegetables sautéed together with a creamy white wine sauce tossed over pasta. Did you know that primavera means spring in Italian? I picked up a head of green cauliflower, leafy green kale, and fava beans this week while shopping, a perfect trio for celebrating spring.

Tuesday
Creamy Chicken, Quinoa and Broccoli Casserole from Pinch of Yum
Cleaning out the fridge from last week's meal plan, I had a few extra chicken breasts and a head of broccoli, so why not make a yummy casserole? I love that this recipe incorporates quinoa instead of the usual rice and doesn't rely on canned cream-of soups.

Wednesday
Surf n' Turf Fajitas
Again, saving money buy shopping the fridge: when I made last week's broccoli beef I bought 1 piece of beef and divided it in half for two dinners. We always have shrimp in the freezer, so I've decided to jazz up fajitas with both steak and shrimp!

Be sure to season these with my Tex Mex Spice Blend and plenty of lime!
 An original Creative Mama Messy House recipe: Tex Mex Spice Blend

Thursday
Pizza night
Thursday night is going to be busy, so why not have pizza? We're opting for delivery today (a rare occasion this year), and serving a green salad alongside.

Friday
Chicken Piccata
Spinach Salad
My husband prefers chicken without bones, and loves the tang of Chicken Piccata. I love that it is a quick-cooking, one pan dinner that the whole family will eat. Serve it up with a spinach salad instead of the traditional pasta to save on carbs.

Saturday
Taco Bar night
For an easy low-carb option, try sticking your taco fixings inside a lettuce cup! Weekends are busy for us, so I don't like to spend too much time in the kitchen, plus tacos are one of the kids' favorite dinners. Extra taco meat gets turned into nachos for lunch the next day for an added bonus.

Sunday
Slow Cooker Spare Ribs from Funny is Family
Cold Potato Salad
This weekend we are getting temperatures in the 80's, so any slow-cooked meals will have to be in the crock-pot. Serve these with some homemade potato salad and a steamed vegetable to make a meal.
Weekly Dinner Plan March 23 - March 29, a printable menu

Print this week's meal plan as a PDF
 

By next week, we'll be in April and Easter will be upon us (Easter is April 5th this year). Have you already sorted out your plans and menu for Easter? Feel free to share what you'll be having!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)