Monday, April 27, 2015

Fudgy Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies

Last week, I swapped recipes with Deb from Bowl Me Over. She shared a light and delicious Cheesy Vegetable Soup recipe with us that I can't wait to try soon. I brought her a rich and fudgy Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownie recipe that is too good to miss. Dark chocolate chunks, chewy dried cherries, and crunchy cocoa nibs are loaded into a simple fudge brownie batter. I first made this recipe to help celebrate with my sister and brother-in-law their soon-to-be new arrival to the family.

Fudgy Chocolate Cherry Brownies. So good, you'll be amazed. If you like chocolate and cherries (who doesn't?) you need this recipe!

Yup, I'm going to be an aunt! My mom hosted a barbecue to celebrate, and we got a surprise during dessert! I will be welcoming a niece in September. The outdoor setting on an 80 degree afternoon in April was the perfect way to celebrate. My dad grilled up a heap of ribs and chicken, and we (of course) had way too many chocolate desserts.

Dried cherries are one of my favorite snacks, so if I can tuck them into my favorite dessert (brownies) then it's a win-win, right? These brownies turned out amazing, and you can definitely taste the cherries in there. A little bit of almond extract and tart cherry juice boost the flavor of the dried cherries and keeps the brownies fudgy and moist.


Since I was making this recipe for a gender-reveal party, I soaked the tart dried cherries in cherry juice, but if you were feeling a little sinful, you spike it with a little kirsch or even brandy. Be sure to use a good quality cocoa powder for the best chocolate flavor, and don't over-bake. As soon as a toothpick comes out clean, the brownies are done.

For the full recipe and baking directions, make sure to head over to Bowl Me Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)