Monday, April 6, 2015

Meal Plan Monday - April #1

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter yesterday! We survived our first egg hunt (even with the bit of rain we had) and didn't go candy crazy, but treats were involved. We celebrated with an afternoon full of family and food, and even squeezed in a walk and a nap. The kids are on Spring Break this week, so hopefully I'll have plenty of time to work on my April recipes and projects. Keep an eye out for some drink recipes this month and a craft featuring reusable shopping bags.

Does the warmer weather of spring inspire you to eat lighter? I'm making two meatless meals instead of our usual 1, partly because we all ate too much at yesterday's events. Later this week, I'm trying some pinned recipes featuring fresh and healthy ingredients.

Meal Plan Monday for April 6 - 12 at Creative Mama Messy House
 
Monday
Meatless Spinach Cobb Salad
Put some of those leftover hard boiled eggs to use in a spinach cobb salad. Roasted chickpeas replace the bacon usually found in cobb salads, and double up on the egg for added protein. Don't forget the avocado, tomato, and blue cheese that you would usually find in a cobb salad to make it a complete meal.

Tuesday
Ham and Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
Green Salad
Have leftover ham from Easter dinner? I love tossing it into cheesy scalloped potatoes as a delicious and hearty dinner. Be sure to serve something green alongside!

Wednesday
Herb Roasted Chicken
Leftover Scalloped Potatoes
Buy a whole chicken for roasting, but remove the backbone yourself to save for homemade stock. Not only will your chicken cook faster, it will help you achieve a crispy skin all around. Seasoning the chicken is simple, just salt, pepper, olive oil, and whatever fresh herbs you happen to have on hand.

Thursday
Zucchini and Lemon Spaghetti
Green Salad
There is no reason that you can't have more than one meatless day in a week, even for a non-vegetarian family like ours. Top whole-wheat pasta with a sprinkle of feta cheese and toasted sliced almonds to add a bit of extra protein.

Friday
Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon
Steamed Broccoli
This is one of those recipes that I pinned to my dinner ideas board months ago and it just sat there. While, this week I'm blowing the dust off and we are going to try it! The kids love salmon, so I think this dish will be a winner!

Saturday
Southern BBQ Beef Sandwiches
Oil and Vinegar Coleslaw
Remember the Slow Cooker Barbeque Beef I made a few weeks ago in my crockpot? I saved half of the leftovers in the freezer for a quick dinner that we will pull out this week to enjoy. Enjoy it with your favorite coleslaw (my recipe includes red cabbage, apples, and carrots) for a bit of sweetness and crunch.

Sunday
BBQ Beef Nachos or Pizza Night
We (the husband and I, at least) are totally excited about the Game of Thrones season premiere on Sunday. I'm giving myself options depending on how the weekend turns out.

Print this week's meal plan as a PDF



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)