Sunday, April 12, 2015

Meal Plan Monday - April #2

I'm so thankful to be back to the daily grind after Spring Break! While my teenager might not feel the same way, I need to get back to my regular routine. I allowed myself to sleep in an extra hour all of last week, and then I was kicking myself about losing that extra hour. Since I'm not a morning person, I need the motivation of getting the kids to school to get up early. As the school year comes to a close, my next thought is: How am I ever going to survive the summer?

Getting meal planning scheduled gets me ahead during the week, especially when I stick to a consistent routine. I can grocery shop for the week in one trip, and stock my freezer and pantry accordingly. It also allows me to think ahead so I'm not rushing about at 5:30 trying to figure out how to feed my family before the "I'm Hungry" grumbling starts.



Monday
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
Who doesn't love breakfast for dinner? No pie crust in the freezer means I'll make this frittata style. The combination of broccoli and cheddar is a family favorite, either way.

Tuesday
Chicken and Rice Enchiladas
Shredded chicken, rice, and cheese smothered in red enchilada sauce and topped with more cheese before being baked to bubbly, golden deliciousness. My favorite part: the crispy, toasty tortillas in the corners of the pan!

Wednesday
Homemade Burgers
Sweet Potato Fries
Why are hamburger buns always sold in packages of 8? So we enjoy BBQ Beef Sandwiches one week, and we can have hamburgers the next, of course! I love cooking burgers in my cast-iron skillet and treating my kids to sweet potato fries occasionally.

Thursday
Shrimp and Asparagus Stir-Fry
Steamed Rice
Celebrate fresh spring produce with this stir-fry dinner that is quick to put together and satisfying. Local asparagus is at its peak this time of year, so we are sure to enjoy plenty of it while it is here.

Friday
Pasta with Ham and Peas
Easy pasta dishes like this keep showing up in my weekly rotations. Why? Because they take 20 minutes to make and my kids gobble them up! Toss in a few extra vegetables, substitute bacon for ham, change it up so the dish fits your family. The whole point is that when you are tired at the end of the week, you can shop your fridge and pantry for ingredients.

Saturday
Crock-Pot Carnitas
Weekends are great for loading up the slow cooker and ending up with a phenomenal meal at the end of the day. Tuck tender shredded pork into corn tortillas with fresh lime juice, cilantro and red onion for tasty tacos with almost no effort. Freeze portions for enchiladas and burritos later in the month for quick mid-week dinners.

Sunday
Family BBQ
Grilled Chicken and Ribs
Potato Salad
Fresh Fruit
Warm weather kicks of BBQ season where the family can get together for quality bonding time. Family functions means the men are in charge of the grill, and the ladies make sure the meal is rounded out with plenty of salads, fresh fruit and appetizers. It is always an occasion for plenty of laughs, love, and even a surprise or two at the end of the day!

Print this week's meal plan as a PDF
Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. You are so organized with your meal plans! And each day's meal plan sounds delicious! I wanted to let you know I've included you in the Very Inspiring Bloggers Award. The post is up on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)