Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Fun Gift-wrapping Idea for a Preschooler's Birthday Party

March is birthday month in the Messy House! All 3 kids have birthdays this month, so there will be a lot of celebrating going on. March 2nd also happens to be National Read Across America Day, and Dr. Seuss's birthday, so why not start the celebration with the gift of some books? Right now, I am loving the idea of wrapping small gifts in a plan paper and decorating with ribbon and accents to make them special.

 
If you're like me and adore wrapping and decorating gifts before they are given, then I bet you'll love this project. This project is easy enough that even if you don't enjoy wrapping gifts, you will love the simplicity of this project. A bit of brown paper, some colorful ribbon, and a few pieces of scrapbook paper is all you need for this.

Oh, and books. Pick a couple of books your kids enjoy and would love to add to your collection. Stumped on what books your kids would like? Take a trip to your local library and take a look around! We've found many new authors and series through first borrowing a few of their books from the library to take them on a "test-run".

Right now my youngest is in love with Jim Benton's new toddler books. They have their own unique sense of humor that is catchy enough that I catch my toddler reading aloud all by himself. For older kids, he is the author of the Dear Dumb Diary series and the creator of Happy Bunny.


Since S-bug was turning three, I chose 3 books to wrap. I made the polka dot numbers from a quick template and scrapbook paper that I had on hand. I found matching ribbon to create the look I was going for.
 


We will have to wait for the weekend for his reaction, but I think he will love these presents and what is inside them!

Update - March 2nd
We decided to let S-Bug open these at bedtime, the night before his birthday. He was ecstatic and wanted up to read the stories over and over again!
 
Why don't you pin this and spread the word of Read Across America Day!
 
How will you be celebrating Read Across America Day and/or Dr. Seuss's Birthday?


3 comments:

  1. The packages look wonderful.... and the gifts should be so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute --so bright and colorful! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute gift wrapping idea! Thanks so much for sharing at Totally Terrific Tuesday! I hope you stop by to link up with us again this week. Remember the party starts tonight at 10pm!
    Christie ~ Sparkles of Sunshine

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)