Monday, February 9, 2015

Meal Plan Monday - February #2

Happy Monday! I hope the weekend treated you well. We experienced quite a bit of rain this weekend, which was a lovely sight to see, hear and feel. I love the sound of raindrops on the windows. My garden enjoyed the rain, too! I am starting to see buds on my hydrangeas and the grass on all the hillsides is greening up. Are you excited about Valentine's Day on Saturday? I'm hoping to take the opportunity to whisk the kiddos away to Grandma's for a bit and have a quiet evening with my husband. How about you, any plans for Valentine's Day?
 
 
Anyway, onto the real reason you are all here - Meal Plan Monday! Isn't it amazing how with a little planning you can be so much more motivated to cook? The only meal we didn't get to last week was the butternut squash mac and cheese. I had a request to cook up the shrimp tacos on Sunday while visiting my parents, so I happily obliged. You will see the recipe on the blog one of these days, so look out for it!



Monday
Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese from Call Me PMc
Spinach Salad
I'm so excited to bake this up tonight! I've been thinking about it all week, and the night has finally come.

Tuesday
Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce from Simply Gloria
over egg noodles
I've been having really good luck with these recipes I'm finding on link-ups! Who doesn't love pork chops smothered in a creamy mushroom sauce? The youngest isn't the biggest fan of mushrooms (like Gloria) so this will be our #onenewfood for the week.

Wednesday
Wildcard Night
In our house, that means leftovers. I've noticed if I don't schedule a "leftovers" night, they don't get eaten.

Thursday
Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
Roasted Root Vegetable Medley
My herb garden is bursting from the warm winter and the recent rains! Why not utilize the free herbs by making a compound herb butter and tucking it under the skin of some chicken breasts? Any leftover chicken can go into sandwiches or salads the next day, and the compound butter will keep it nice and juicy.

Friday
Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes and Veggies
Making a double batch of meatloaf means I'll have one to take to my parents' house on Saturday. Why not trade dinner for babysitting with Grandma and Grandpa?

Saturday - Valentine's Day
I'm not sure our exact plans for Valentine's Day, but there are some excellent restaurants near my parent's house that would be a lovely place for a romantic dinner date.

Sunday
Skinny Orange Chicken from Zen and Spice
Black Rice
Winding down the weekend with a simple chicken stir-fry and rice. I know my kids like orange chicken, and my waistline will appreciate this healthy spin on it!

For even more dinner ideas, visit my Dinner Ideas board on Pinterest!

Be sure to join into our chats on Facebook throughout the week. I want to know what you will be enjoying this week for dinner!

1 comment:

  1. The butternut squash mac and cheese sounds like heaven!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)