Monday, February 2, 2015

Meal Plan Monday: Welcome February

Happy Groundhog day! Did the groundhog see his shadow where you live? Welcome to the first Meal Plan Monday in February! Man, how January flew by. I got 11 blog posts out, you can see them all here if you missed any! February looks just as promising, with another edition of the Spring Craft Blog Hop coming a few weeks.


Today is Monday, meaning we are going meatless! Do you know that going meatless at least once a week can reduce your carbon footprint and reduce your grocery bill? It also encourages eating more vegetables, fruits, and whole grains, which we all know is good for us. I also attribute my commitment to meatless dinners to my kid's (and husband's) willingness to try new foods.

Need help getting your kids to be less picky? Kristen at Mommy In Sports and Lauren at Oh, Honestly share tips to get their children to try #onenewfood monthly. This month: Butternut Squash [Oh Honestly] [Mommy in Sports].

Keep reading to see what we are having this week:


Monday
Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini from A Family Feast
I will serve these vegetable stuffed zucchini over a bed of lemon scented quinoa. It will be a tough meal to convince my boys to eat, but I'll be ok with them eating the filling out and leaving the zucchini vessel.

Tuesday
Shrimp Tacos
 -Mango Salsa
 - Chipotle Mayonnaise from Mama Loves Food
It's Taco Tuesday! Lightening it up by using a lean protein like shrimp, and adding plenty of bright mango salsa with avocado and lime. A little creamy chipotle mayonnaise will make it spicy and a bit indulgent!

Wednesday
Sloppy Joe Sliders
Tater tots or sweet potato fries
Fresh fruit
A few times a week I make a dinner that I know my kids will want seconds. Sloppy Joe Sliders served on Hawaiian rolls are the perfect size for preschoolers! If there is any chipotle mayo left over, be sure to dip your fries in it.

Thursday
Apricot and Ginger Glazed Chicken from What a Girl Eats
Steamed Green Beans
I discovered this recipe through a link party, and I'm so excited to try it!

Friday
Biscuit Bacon and Egg Sandwiches
Country Potatoes and Veggies
Who doesn't love breakfast for dinner? I bake the eggs in a muffin tin while the biscuits are baking. Potatoes, onions, and peppers get tons of flavor from frying them up in a cast-iron skillet.

Saturday
Zinfandel Glazed BBQ Short Ribs
Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
A recipe I have made many times. It is so hearty and delicious on a cold winter's night. I've also made this same dish by substituting chicken leg quarters.

Sunday
Butternut Squash Macaroni and Cheese from Call Me PMc
I've seen many different macaroni and cheese recipes with butternut squash making their rounds around the internet. This recipe looks easy, and the mild Monterrey Jack Cheese will really let the butternut squash shine!

What is one thing in February you are looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts! I read each and every comment, so feel free to leave a comment at any time :)